Somerset Academy Bethany - FAQ Sheet
- What will your hours of operation be? 6:00AM-6:45PM.
- Will you be offering a 1s and 2s program? Yes, we will be offering 1s, 2s, 3s and 4s program.
- When will instructional time be for 3s and 4s? Instructional time for 3s and 4s occurs between 7AM and 12PM.
- What are the hours for full and part time for 3s and 4s? Part time is less than 4 hours and full time is 4 plus contiguous hours.
- Is there a part time option for 1s and 2s? No.
- When will lunch be for 3s and 4s? Lunch will be at 12:15PM.
- What is the cost of tuition?
1’s and 2’s
3’s and 4’s Full Time (4+ hours)
3’s and 4’s Part Time (3 & Transition 4’s, Under 4 hours)
Pre-Kindergarten 4’s (students born before Sept. 1)
- If I have a student that currently attends Kidzone, will my tuition rate remain the same?Our tuition rate will go into effect starting July 25th, 2020, for the month of August. This fee is to be paid on a monthly basis.
- Is there a registration fee? Yes, there is a one-time registration fee of $85.00. This fee is non-refundable.
- there a mat fee? You can choose to provide your own mat or pay a $25.00 mat fee.
- Do you offer any discounts? We offer a 10% discount if the entire year is paid in full, and a 20% for a second student in the preschool program.
- Do you accept VPK or ELC vouchers? No, we do not. Our program is private pay.
- Which forms of payment can I use? You may pay with cash, check, money order or online. Paying online will result in a convenience fee of 3%.
- 14) When will monthly payments be due? All payments are due on the 25th of the month before the month of service.
- Who is responsible for meals/snacks? Parents are responsible for providing meals & snacks.
- Is there a required uniform? 3s and 4s will be required to wear the Somerset Academy Bethany uniform. There will be no uniform for 1s and 2s.
- Where can I purchase the uniform? Information will be forthcoming.
- If my student attends a different Somerset, can I just bring them to this Somerset? No. If you wish to move your student to Somerset Academy Bethany, you must fill out the required application and be accepted into the program and withdraw from the other program.
- Do you operate the 1-4 year-old program year-round? Yes. However, we will be closed the week of Thanksgiving break, all of Winter break, the week of Spring break, and the week of July 4th.
- Will you be following the St. Lucie County Schools District Calendar? Yes, for K-5, once the charter application has received all district approvals.
- Do you plan on having elementary grades? Somerset submitted a charter application for grades K-5. Pending district approval of the charter application, we will be offering grades K-2 for the 2020-2021 school year, K-4 for the 2021- 2022 school year, and K-5 for the 2022-2023 school year. Any student entering Kindergarten will not be assessed an $85 registration fee.
- If I have a student currently enrolled at Kidzone, will they have the same teacher for the rest of the year or will they have a new one? All current teachers are being observed, evaluated and are given the opportunity to apply for a position with Somerset.
- Will the current curriculum remain the same? Curriculum will be adjusted to meet the Somerset standards of rigor. More information will be forthcoming.
- Is there a fee for the elementary school? No, scholars that are entering Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade will not be charged a fee.
- Is there another Somerset school with a 3 and 4 program? Yes Somerset Academy St. Lucie does have a 3 & 4 year old VPK program and elementary school (note: our Somerset Academy St. Lucie location has a 2-year waiting list).
- Who can apply for our program? The only students who are completing an application are the ones who are in/will be in the 1-year-old through 4-year-old program starting August 1. The students entering kindergarten through second grade are submitting Letters of Interest, not applications.
- When do the new rates go into effect? The new payment schedule goes into effect for August, meaning first payments are due July 25 for August. The registration fee is due upon seat acceptance in order to hold the Somerset seat.
- Are families who are not returning here for the 2020/2021 school year going to be allowed to stay enrolled through July? Students are enrolled until June 30th, 2020.